Senior Fire Protection Engineer
|Job Location||Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
Perform the engineering work scope of Fire Protection for the concerned awarded project or proposal by executing Fire Protection Engineering Deliverables and activities, providing instructions & verifying design outputs of Engineers in his team. coordinates within Company and other parties to ensure that the project is completed as per the objectives, the contracts in line with the engineering department’s strategy and objectives as well as JGC Gulf initiative while ensuring safety.
- Verify & manage contractual requirement and design inputs for engineering work scope of Fire Protection for the concerned project.
- Support Lead Engineer to prepare Department Project Execution Plan including, Fire Protection engineering schedule, deliverable list with target date, Audit plan, Man Power mobilization plan, outsourcing/procurement strategy, cost down idea, risk identification & countermeasure plan to align project, JGC Gulf and department objectives.
- Distribute tasks like deliverable and activities to each Fire Protection engineer under him with necessary information. Lead/guide/supervise them to resolve issues and to make decisions on the Fire Protection designs in time and budget effectively to meet the project objectives.
- Based on Lead Engineer’s direction, deliver independently on more complex tasks/ activities according to set standards and present experience to contribute to project objectives.
- Prepare requisition fire & safety equipment. Performing technical bid evaluation of proposal from vendors.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, client, vendors and engineering subcontractors to resolve the common or interface issues the ensure Fire Protection design and output will meet the project objectives.
- Develop/review daily schedules and plans and monitor/control the Fire Protection design progress, Fire Protection related Man Hour and BM/BQ and direct/report those status or concerns of the project to the Lead Engineer.
- Lead/participate Department Improvement activities, workshop like Lessons and Learnt from the concerned project
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Chemical or Process Safety.
- 7 years’ and above experience in Engineering Execution in EPC industrial projects or Oil and Gas in the field of Fire protection. Able to develop Fire protection philosophies & basis of design.
- Skills for strong interpersonal, effective communication and technical writing to resolve the various issues in the concerned project with deep knowledge Fire Protection including Fire & Gas Detection and alarm system and active/Passive Fire protection.
- Knowledge of National & international and industrial Code & Standard related to Fire Protection. Having experience in Greenfield & Brownfield EPC Projects.
- Capable to supervise Fire Protection related deliverables, such as conceptual layout drawings, P&IDs, Block Diagrams and Cause & Effect Diagram
- Capable to review detail design and 3D model to make sure the intents of Fire Protection Design are properly implemented. Able to supervise the procurement of fire & safety equipment.
- Essential knowledge of engineering categories handled by related discipline, Engineering HSE, Process, Piping, Civil, Building, Instrument, Electric and Mechanical.
- To be assigned in Al-Khobar office & at the same time must be willing to be assigned in domestic and/or overseas projects sites.