|Job Location||Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
JGC Gulf is looking for a QC Supervisor to join our team.
- Manages the Procurement QC activities and acts as JGC QC single point of contact and liaises with vendors and client counterparts.
- Prepares Contractor QC’s specifications and procedures.
- Reviews the purchase requisition to make sure that all quality and inspection requirement for the purchase materials are included in the requisition.
- Coordinates with inspection agencies for provision of vendor inspectors and their assignments.
- Reviews quality procedures and I&TPs submitted by the vendor(s) and ensures that those are in line with the requirements of the project specification and relevant codes and standards.
- Monitors and coordinate witnessed inspection and testing activities, and ensures it is effectively and efficiently carried-out through the inspection report review.
- Closely monitors and ensures that PQP is effectively implemented. Takes immediate actions to address quality issues.
- Controls non-conformities, conducts root cause analysis and takes remedial actions.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for continual improvement to include increasing quality and productivity.
- Review and approval of inspection record book and inspection disposition report in timely manner.
- Prepares submittals to Client as per contractual requirements.
- Participates and organizes meetings, as required, internally within JGC/vendor or with the Client.
- Periodically reports to the project team and QC department.
- Provides support for any production issues that may occur during the project.
- Implements lessons learned in the project and performs other work duties which are delegated by managers.
Skills & Qualification:
- Approved Procurement QC Supervisor in Aramco (with valid SAP no.) or in other Petrochemical and/or Oil and Gas Project is a must.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years experienced in Quality Control with at least 5 years experienced as Procurement QC Engineer or Supervisor in EPC Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or other industrial projects preferably within GCC. Having experience in Saudi Aramco project is preferred but not mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any relevant discipline and demonstrated background and thorough knowledge of the Procurement QC activities.
- Good planning skills and coordination skills, English language fluency and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess intercultural adaptability and interpersonal skills. Strong team-player with excellent technical reporting and strong presentation skills.
- Considerable ability to interface effectively with various levels of management, clients and other parts of the organization
- Considerable ability to develop quality procedures and I&TP on all disciplines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to deadlines. Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Willing to be assigned in local and/or international project assignment.
- Capable of making decisions over issues concerning quality.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to utilize current word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and Internet software.