|Job Location||Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
Coordinate all engineering activities for a certain project or area of responsibility within it, including the design and planning of the execution for all technical disciplines involved, in order to provide with proper scheduling, forecasting and resourcing and aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
Project Engineering Operations
- Prepare working schedule and develop project procedures for focal activities in his responsibilities and coordinate the assigned technical experts’ execution and overall performance, performing specific reviews and studies or vendors evaluations, as well as communications of contractual or technical nature, under the approval of the PM / EM / Sr. Project Engineer, in order to ensure compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications within the project.
- Monitor overall quality control of the work (in terms of budget, schedule, plans and technician’s performance), recording lessons learnt in the system when appropriate and elaborating recurrent reports, including the MOM of regular meeting with client, and/or elevating corrective measures when deviations occur, for proper action making, in order to interact with clients and provide updated project status information, ensuring project completion under time, quality and cost constraints.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with relevant counterparts (engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning), or any other project participants, under the Engineering Manager’s direction, Project Engineering Plan and Schedule, in order to coordinate disciplines for conflicting issues and further provide with assistance and technical support when needed for the proper execution of the engineering activities.
- Review and/or participate in the elaboration of engineering deliverables, such as Hazop, constructability, 3D model or risk, expediting all disciplines, including vendor drawings, and initiate appropriate corrective actions, in line with the Engineering Manager’s Directives, aim at ensuring optimal fit with project specifications, requirements and standards.
- Handle independently complex tasks /activities to contribute to functions and projects objectives.
- Apply standard techniques involving only innovations of methodology to provide solutions to problems with a varied number of variables.
- Provide solutions to complex problems using readily available, clear, and direct references.
- Monitor and expedite all disciplines to ensure project schedule, issuance of project deliverables, including vendor drawings,
- Support PM/EM to prepare and expedite change orders with discipline and in project closeout documentation.
- Support PM/EM for preparation and negotiation scenario of change order for technical matters for his area with client, sub-contractors, vendors and other project stakeholders
- Support Project Manager to monitor and expedite engineering, procurement and construction activities.
- Information Management Plan & IT Integration Procedures
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering & Diploma in Environmental Sciences
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in discipline or project environment in EPC field of industrial projects or Oil and Gas preferably in the GCC.
- STEM skills/ knowledge and ability to work as part of a team. Attention to detail & excellent communication skills.
- To be assigned in Al-Khobar office & at the same time must be willing to be assigned in domestic and/or overseas projects sites.