Process Principal Engineer
|Job Location||Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
Provide high level technical guidance in planning and executing assigned projects and conduct design verification for specific engineering categories. Develop, maintain and continuously improve Department foundation like QMS, standard, procedures and knowledge database in line with the engineering department’s strategy and objectives while ensuring safety on the customer site and ensure that duties are performed to a satisfactory standard within JGC Gulf.
Engineering Operations Management
- Manage process team under the project. Lead the process engineering with proactive execution strategy
- Coordinate with client, outsources and disciplines including project team for smooth engineering execution.
- Establish process engineering schedule and approve process engineering products.
- Provide technical guidance in planning and executing assigned projects.
- Develop new design systems and maintain and modify existing systems when required.
- Perform system repairs & oversee periodic inspection processes as per Department Operation Plan.
- Assist Manager in project budget, schedule and design quality assurance plan preparation activities.
- Participate in project analysis, design, implementations and commissioning phases.
- Prepare user requirements, technical specifications, design specifications and commissioning plans.
- Provide support in system acceptance testing and validation activities.
- Analyze project requirements and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations.
- Lead summary and analysis for engineering troubles and publish Lessons Learnt report.
- Evaluate existing engineering processes and recommend improvements & lead further development.
- Perform system failure analysis and provide corrective actions.
- Conduct engineering studies and investigations and prepare reports for department’s leadership.
- Help to train and guide associate engineers along with planned career path.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues and incorporate into JGULF business.
- Worked as process engineer for oil & gas plant, especially for gas & oil separation and gas processing plant.
- Understanding of heat & material balance for the processing plant.
- Development of process flow diagram including process control system, piping & instrument diagram including HAZOP study hydraulic calculation
- Preparation of process data sheet for equipment such as column/vessel, heat exchangers, rotary machines, package equipment and others.
- Preparation of philosophies related to process engineering such as shut down & isolation philosophy and etc.
- Flare load calculation including individual relief valve load calculation.
- Process simulation safety studies such as SIL and alarm management heat exchanger rating.
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 to 15 years experience in Engineering Management in EPC industrial PJs or Oil and Gas preferably in the GCC.
- Good capability to build a trust among client and all concerned parties.
- Proactive to project operation and capable for troubleshooting.
- To be assigned in Al-Khobar office & at the same time must be willing to be assigned in domestic and/or overseas projects sites.