Piping Lead Engineer
|Job Location||Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
Perform the design engineering work of Department related scope for the concerned project by preparing the Department Project Execution Plan, providing instructions to each Engineer, verifying design outputs by the Engineers, coordinate with other parties to ensure that the project is completed as per the objectives, the contracts in line with the engineering department’s strategy and objectives as well as JGC Gulf initiative while ensuring safety.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review and approve the work assignment plan, design engineering scheduling and monitoring plan developed by the managers to ensure alignment with the engineering objectives.
- Lead the engineering team and hold responsibilities for the decisions on the engineering designs, authorities and projects to be completed to ensure that the standards and specifications meet JGC Gulf set plans.
- Oversee the progress of all projects to ensure effective engineering team execution of the different phases in compliance with the contracts and projects.
- Direct and report the managerial concerns of the project such as the project budget and its allocation to ensure project execution within the required time to the Engineering Department Manager.
- Lead project teams whenever needed to ensure the resolution of discipline issues in a timely and effective. Verify and manage contractual requirement and design inputs for design work.
- Assign responsible design work like deliverable and activities to each Engineer and distribute necessary information to execute his design engineering work.
- Guide the engineering team and help make decisions on the engineering designs, authorities and projects in a timely and effectively to be completed to ensure the design output will meet project objective.
- Coordination with other disciplines, client, vendors and engineering subcontractors to ensure design engineering work and output will meet the project objectives.
- Guide the engineering team to prepare material requisition to vendor, evaluating vendor proposal technically and selecting vendor, verifying vendor’s document and inspecting engineered equipment by vendors.
- Guide the engineering team to prepare BQ (Bill of Material), support construction department for evaluating construction subcontractor, execute Field Engineering, loop test and function test at Project site. Facilitate the Client Model Review with full responsibility and clarifications.
- Guide the engineering team to prepare Unit Plot Plan without enough information and can evaluate it. (for example, from PFD). Understand CRD & plan the total material Planning & control.
- Guide/do complex activity in the special execution pattern such as too tight schedule, complicated J/V project, etc.
- Guide and evaluate the piping layout and information around Compressor, Turbine, Tower and Furnace
- Understand and discuss the special material requirement with the team to propose alternate solution and cost down ideas. Propose alternatives to client with technical justification.
- Well versed in Navis works and S3D model review, Knowledge of Material and stress analysis
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years as LE position
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in Engineering Management in EPC industrial PJs or Oil & Gas preferably in the GCC & knowledge to Quality Management Systems
- To be assigned in Al-Khobar office & at the same time must be willing to be assigned in domestic and/or overseas projects sites.