Corporate Environmental Policy
JGC Gulf International Co. Ltd. (JGULF) is committed to the protection of the environment while we are operating our business in the Middle East Countries. Being a reputable and professional EPC Contractor, we are responsible to implement this policy as a core value and in ways that respect the environment in order to achieve environmental excellence in both, our local and international operations including the services we render to our clients. JGULF hereby establishes the following principles, which shall be applied throughout its operations:
- We shall provide our clients with technical solutions that conserve energy and natural resources and reduce pollution and other adverse environmental impacts particularly from engineering, procurement, and construction phase.
- We shall reduce the production of waste through measures that emphasize reuse and recycling.
- We will comply with all applicable local laws and regulations and clients requirements to which we subscribe that are relevant to the environmental aspects of our activities, products, and services.
- We will implement and maintain programs to assure our compliance with such laws and regulations, and other requirements in our business and encourage such compliance from those organizations with whom we do business.
- We will actively seek to prevent pollution before it is produced and to minimize our impact on the natural environment and conservation of energy and natural resources.
- During the execution of our construction activities, we will establish the environmental objectives and targets aimed at improving continually our overall environmental performance.
- We will consider environmental factors when we plan, purchase, or make operating decisions to ensure its consistent implementation.
- We will communicate this Environmental Policy to employees, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure their awareness of our commitment to the environment.
- We will provide appropriate training to all employees to ensure their continuing awareness of environmental responsibilities as part of our educational training program.
- We will evaluate and continually improve the effectiveness of this environmental management system (EMS) through periodic audits, management reviews, feedbacks and by achieving our environmental objectives in conformance with ISO 14001.
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Corporate Policy
JGC Gulf International Co. Ltd. (JGULF) corporate management is committed to protect all its employees, resources, properties, subcontractors and all other interested parties from human sufferings and financial loss resulting from the incident by providing and maintain safe and healthy working conditions through a proactive approach of incident prevention program.
- As an EPC Contractor, JGULF is to provide timely risk assessment by incorporating safely designed plants equipment, implementing sound engineering practice, setting performance standards, ensuring competency of its engineers and management to ensure high standard of HSE compliance in the Middle-East Countries.
- In fulfilling this commitment, JGULF in its all operation and at all locations where work is being carried out under its control shall fully comply with all applicable Government safety codes, client safety requirements, and other local requirements. OH & S and Environment protection is a direct responsibility of top and line management to implement and rigorously manage its subcontractors through continual improvement of its Management System and performance.
JGULF will in all cases, abide by the following principles to meet the above commitment:
This policy shall be communicated to all persons working under the control of JGULF with the intent that they are made aware of their individual OH & S obligations; and shall be made available to interested parties.
- Provide plants that meet the highest standards for safety and operation, and place the minimum burden on the environment.
- Place the highest priority on the health and safety of personnel and on the preservation and protection of the environment.
- Plan and perform work in accordance with the OH & S Management System.
- Hold employees, including those of Vendors and Subcontractors, responsible for their own safety and that of their colleagues.
- Ensure that personnel are trained in HSE.
- Provide full cooperation to clients, statutory authorities and local communities.
- Review, monitor and measure OH & S performance periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organization as part of continual improvement.